The objective of this post is to answer these questions:
- How low, dirty, unethical, and childish the battle between Nuffnang and Advertlets has become?
- Who are DevilsAdvocate, Amateur, Reaymond and ENUFFisENUFF?
- How are they connected to Josh Lim from Advertlets?
A trip down memory lane… (skip this section if you know the story)
I caught 3 commenters who I suspect and have evidence that are linked to Josh Lim (or someone within Advertlets) who have either attacked Nuffnang or defended Advertlets anonymously in my blog.
Suspect #1 — DevilsAdvocate:
- Left a comment attacking Nuffnang that I have edited
- Claims he’s just a poor IT student with an opinion
- Used the excuse of being in PJ (same area as Josh Lim) and on TMNET, thus the same IP range as Josh Lim
- After I posted up a video evidence with proof of how he is connected with Josh Lim, he vanished and never returned (with the same nickname/character at least)
Suspect #2 — Amateur:
- When I questioned Advertlets’ password security issue, he defended Advertlets and shifted the blame onto the users if their password were vulnerable
- Claims he has a blog at http://asrulhadi.blogs.friendster.com/hmmm/ but I received no response from the owner of the blog when I messaged him on friendster
- His second comment stated he was contacted by Advertlets. That means he is their publisher. However, there is no trace of an Advertlets banner on “his” blog
- Vanished after people questioned why he doesn’t even have an Advertlets banner in “his” blog
Suspect #3 — Reaymond:
- First existed in mossism’s blog Reaymond in mossism blog on the claims on “doing research” and attacked Nuffnang by questioning the earning’s of bloggers and expenses of the advertisers
- When I published a post sharing my thoughts on why I felt Advertlets is losing out to Nuffnang, he came in to defend Advertlets and “vanished”
- Even though he didn’t commented, I caught him lurking in my blog on the same day when Josh Lim commented in one of my posts. Both of them has the same IP address
- Only then that did he reply to my email (a very long one) and commented in my blog again. He again vanished after that
- More evidence connecting him to Josh Lim
I’ve posted some stronger evidence (subjective — depends on individual) connecting Amateur and Reaymond to Josh Lim. After that expose, no one from Advertlets or any other anonymous commenters (like the 3 suspects above) have left comments in my blog.
Back to the present time…
So, who the hell is ENUFFisENUFF? Sloppy Chic posted up her thoughts on Nuffnang’s management of the CPC ads here, here and here. While others (including another anonymous commenter — NoNN) are discussing the matter with intelligence, ENUFFisENUFF jumped in and showed his “lack of intelligence” with the comment below:
sad la. tim and ming got no balls. got to get pretty girls to comment to garner sympathy to hide the fact they are doing a bad job. sigh. who cares where the rum has gone. where are their balls? and most importantly, where is the money?
I can accept anonymous commenters who do not want to disclose their identity but are discussing a problem with intelligence. However, ENUFFisENUFF’s comment shows how much he lacks and are geared towards personal attacks.
Immediately, the “detective” mode in me kicked in. I wanted to know ENUFFisENUFF’s IP address and if they matches Josh Lim (and the 3 suspects) IP addresses. Instead of asking Sloppy Chic for the IP and confirming it afterwards, I posted up a few sets of IP addresses and asked her to confirm it. That way, there is no “dirty tricks” from me, true?
The sets of IP addresses were used by Josh Lim and his team members (that matches the 3 suspects) in my blog in the past. They are:
It didn’t surprise me when Sloppy Chic replied my email with the following details:
ENUFFisENUFF’s first comment dated 15/6/2007 6:39pm logged the IP 220.127.116.11.
ENUFFisENUFF’s last comment dated 16/6/2007 12:10pm logged the IP 18.104.22.168.
Conclussion to these childish acts…
Just like DevilsAdvocate, Amateur and Reaymond, ENUFFisENUFF uses the same group of IP addresses that Josh Lim does. Is it just pure coincidence or are there more to it? ENUFFisENUFF has gone into hiding (together with the other 3 suspects) and will never return, at least not with the same nickname.
Competition is good. Healthy competition is better. Why compete in a “limbo dance” competition? There is no advantage to prove that one can “go to the lowest” point, especially when it comes to ethics.
Just concentrate in building your company. There is no point in comparing with anyone else but yourself. If you are good, people will know. The act of going “undercover” with an anonymous nick while attacking your opponent is plain cheap. Enough said, this is so shameful.
Will this bullcrap ever end? A limbo dance focuses on how low can you go. In life, it’s how low you want to go. I suggest standing straight up while walking through it. I can’t force you not to stoop so low. The choice is yours.