Honestly, I believe this post is totally unnecessary. But for the sake of you feeling a little better, I will do it anyway. This is a reply to why I approved aw’s comment.
Let me remind you of what happened. DevilsAdvocate left a very harsh statement that attacked Nuffnang. I approved his comment without censoring anything — just like I would on any other comments. But I found evidence that linked him to Advertlets.com many hours later. That is when I censored his comment due to, as you put it, “unwarranted personal attacks and specious claims“.
When I first read aw’s comments and before approving it, my reaction was, “Shit! Not another one! ARGGGHHH!!!“. After some ‘investigation’ I decided to approve his comment, simply because I found no evidence that he was anyhow linked to Nuffnang. Let’s just say aw is a die-hard fan of Nuffnang. That doesn’t mean his comment is considered “unwarranted personal attacks and specious claims”, right? Everyone has their rights to voice out themselves.
Josh, I am a computer science graduate. But I don’t claim that I am an expert or have the knowledge of a hacker. But I do know enough to ‘curb’ the average user’s attempt of any foul play. As for those who knows more than I do, I am completely defenseless against them. I am not perfect, Josh. I admit there is a big possibility that someone could have spoofed the IP, inserted a fake e-mail address, etc etc etc. But do I have to setup a team of expert hackers just to filter off my comments section to ensure 100% comments sent are in fact sent from the person they claim to be? Do I need to ask for I.C. numbers and a photocopy of their I.C. before they can comment in my blog? Honestly Josh, I do not have that kind of resources to setup all these ‘facilities’. Maybe you can allocate some of your resources to me? I would gladly accept it.
Look, I neither fully trust you, nor Tim and Ming. I have never even met any of you guys. Looks and words can be deceiving. Come to think of it, I don’t think I saw Ming’s photo before. Can someone point me some place where I can find it? Anyway, I have heard so much negative things said about you, Josh. As for Tim and Ming, I hardly recall any offensive report that was said about them. In fact, all I heard were praises. But that doesn’t mean I believe these ‘reports’ 100%. However they say, if there is smoke, there must be fire some where.
Reasons why I approved aw’s comment:
1. It is not an obligation to leave a website URL. And you know that.
2. I sent an e-mail to the address he provided and the e-mail did not bounced back. I know this is not 100% accurate but hey, any better suggestions? A “Reply to this e-mail” before I approve a comment?
3. His IP address is no where near anyone of the guys from Nuffnang. (Don’t even think about talking of IP spoofing)
4. There is no other indications that he was linked to Nuffnang.
5. If you look closely at his post, he spelled Advertlets as “Adverlets” (I guess he watched my video and thus misspelled it 😆 ), without the first ‘T‘. You may argue that it could be done on purpose, but come on. Give me a break. Call it biased or baseless but it is good enough for me.
6. Biased or not, as the owner of this blog, I get to do whatever I like in this blog. I paid for the domain and hosting for god’s sake! I don’t need to answer anything to anyone unless I want to. If you enjoy reading my blog, you are more than welcomed to come again. If you don’t, you know the way out.
7. I seriously wanted to see how you would react to his comment. I think others would too. 😈
Therefore, with my limited resources and capabilities that I have, I conclude that aw is not making any unwarranted personal attacks and specious claims. He is just another guy with an opinion. That is why I approved it. I know that there is ALWAYS A POSSIBILITY that I may be wrong, but I have done my best. I hope we can stop all this nonsense ASAP. I really want to continue writing my part two of the review on Nuffnang. It has been delayed for days now, I wonder if anyone still bothers about it anymore! LOL! Anyway, I hope you are happy with my explanation.
By the way, there is one thing that I have been wanting to do all this while. That is to update my categories section. I noticed I have been writing posts that doesn’t belong in any of the categories. And now just for you Josh, I am thinking of adding a new category — Josh Lim.