How To Apply Public Bank Visa Electron Fast (Within 7 Working Days)

UPDATE: Sending the application form using snail mail and courier service requires different address. Check the correct address to use below.

**********

If your credit card or debit card doesn’t allow PayPal withdrawal, you may want to apply for a Public Bank Visa Electron debit card. I called up Public Bank’s customer service and was told that it will take at least three weeks before your debit card will be approved. That is very long so I asked him if there were “any other ways” to get it done faster.

He literally “lighted up” and told me there was. He sounded so cheerful and happy I thought that whatever method he was going to teach me would involve bribing or some other illegal means. I was wrong.

He helpfully told me that getting the Visa electron debit card approved is a very easy process. You can actually get it approved within a week or so, provided that you followed his advice and rushed the Public Bank’s staffs. So, here are the steps.

Step 1: Go to your nearest Public Bank branch and ask for the Visa Electron debit card application form. Grab the form and leave while smiling to the beautiful lady behind the counter. Fill up the form (of course, duh!).

Step 2: Photocopy the front and back of your IC. Cross it out and state that it is for Public Bank use only. That way, it won’t be misused for other illegal purposes.

Step 3: Write a check payable to “Public Bank Berhad“. The amount should be at least RM25. Write your full name and IC number behind the check. If you do not have a check book, don’t worry. Just send the application form and your photocopied IC. They will provide you with a bank account where you can transfer the money into later.

Step 4: Send your application form, photocopied IC and check (if any) to the address below. To shorten the time needed for the delivery, I will be sending it using overnight postal service like ABX Express.

If you plan to send using overnight courier service (eg. ABX Express, NationWide express, etc), send it to the following address:

Public Bank Credit Card Centre
10th Floor, Menara Public Bank
146, Jalan Ampang
50450 Kuala Lumpur

If you are sending using normal snail mail, send it to this address:

Public Bank Card Services
10th Floor, Menara Public Bank
146, Jalan Ampang
P.O. Box 11722
50754 Kuala Lumpur

Note: The address was given to me by the call centre staff and matches the address given in the Public Bank website. However, the address printed at the bottom of the application form shows that the postcode is 50754 instead. I will send it to the address above.

Step 5: Phone 03-21768000 to ask if they have received your application form. Tell them to process your application ASAP because it is urgent.

It will take at least 5 working days for your application to be approved. Phone them on the fifth day to check your application status again.

Your Visa Electron application should be approved within 7 working days (the quickest) if there are no other problems. I will be sending mine tomorrow.

* If you find this article useful, please share it. Thanks! *

68 thoughts on “How To Apply Public Bank Visa Electron Fast (Within 7 Working Days)

1. shanaz AL says:

If I dont have my own checkbook, can my mom issue a check for the payment to Public Bank Berhad for my own application?
    WIll the bank accept the check?

2. ai chan says:

Hi there,

I already applied for PB debit card and has received the card safely. My problem is they don’t ask me to send the money at all. They just ask me to signing on the reverse of the card. Do I need to wait for the other letter? The one with PIN number? Is it like that? TY.

3. shanaz AL says:

Thanks.

But according to the instructions in the Online application, they don’t require us to send the check, so I’ll just follow that and wait for the reply?

@ai chan: I believe you can go to a cash deposit machine, reload your debit card and start using it. You can also reload the card from your online banking account if you have linked them together. You will need the PIN number that will be arriving in the second mail if you want to withdraw money using the debit card from an ATM machine.

@shanaz AL: They may have changed the procedure or something. I had to send a check when I applied for my card. I’d say just follow the instructions in the online form. Good luck.

5. ai chan says:

“linked them together”? Is this mean we need current account of PB?

Oh.. I has reload the card already. Where can i check the balance?

How to start using it? We need to verified the card first right? I’ve tried 2 times to verify via PB website it but failed.

@ai chan: I don’t remember needing to verify the card with Public Bank. You need to reload “enough” cash into the debit card to get it verified with PayPal. RM50 should be safe enough. PayPal will charge your card something like USD1.95 with the pincode stated on the statement. You will need to wait for the printed statement to get that code.

Are you saying that your debit card account is locked? You should contact Public Bank’s customer service to find out the next step then. “linking them together” was referring to a Public bank savings account, debit card and online banking.

7. cindy says:

Hi there,

Thanks for the info on how to apply for PB visa election.
    I just received my card but not in 7 days though, they took like 3 and a half weeks to process mine even though I follow the procedures you shared….and I sent in by courier which took only one day to arrive. My application
    must have gone on a grand tour around the building before it got to the right person!!!!

Anyway, do u have any idea if I can use the vs electron card to do foreign transmittance like crediting a forex trading account? Normal TT would cost about RM30+. I heard that with PBe internet Banking, it’s much cheaper so I wonder if the visa electron card can do as the internet
    banking method.

8. Saw says:

Erm..Can I ask you?If I got Public Bank Savings Account…and I apply this debit card,I just swipe the card and it will deducted from my savings account??

@Saw: It doesn’t work that way. If you applied for a online account and link up your debit card and savings account, you can then “recharge” (reload) your debit card by transferring money from your savings account into your debit card. Your debit card has its own balance and is not linked to your savings account.

Another way to reload your debit card is to “make a payment” for your debit card account using the cash deposit machine.

10. Imrul says:

Can international students apply for the debit card??….i really need to buy stuff online…..guitar software and all…..any help will be much appreciated…thanks :D

11. nnyuk says:

my debit card account is locked when i want verified my debit card. i think maybe that problem was because i active it more that 3 time. so can i solve that problem by internet or other way.
    thanks

12. ling says:

i got apply for the debit card but cause the card and the password will send separately and now i already go to study and cant go bank to take the password…what need to do?

13. kong hey loong says:

I had received few sms regarding my PB credit card on failed delivery and ask me to call 0321768100 if it is so.I took great effort to call many many times but that phone always on engaged tone, why why that kind on services available at PB. I really can’t believed this could happen at PB.please give a prompt reply ASAP.

JUST to inform you that I did NOT received that card!!!!!!!!!!

14. Courier says:

The information on how to get the approval for Public Bank Visa Electron debit card is simply mind blowing! Great post with informative tips! Thanks for sharing your experience with us!