Migrated To A US Server Hosted By ServerFreak

I have been hosting my blog with the same hosting company since the very beginning. I have no plans to change unless they fail to fulfill my hosting needs. So far, they have provided me with more than I can ask for. Not to mention the great customer support that they have provided so far.

I read other bloggers complaining about their hosting company’s horrible customer service — some companies do not reply to your emails for days or do not answer what you have asked. I have said this before but I will say it again. I pity them because I have Sam (my hosting company’s big boss) in my MSN contact list. I just give him a buzz whenever I have a question and he replies almost immediately.

For the past few weeks now, I noticed that TMNet’s line becomes a little unstable at times. They have announced that they are in the midst of upgrading their network. To be honest, I have somehow lost confidence in TMNet. That is why I requested Sam to transfer my blog to another server hosted some where else.

To my surprise, he said he has a server in the US. It is hosted under the same company that LiewCF is currently using. Sweet! I asked him to transfer my blog over and it was done immediately. I believe the local dns servers have updated the new IP and my domain names are pointing to the new server in the US.

A big thank you to Sam who runs ServerFreak. I highly recommend those who plan to start a new blog or are frustrated with their current hosting company to try them out. They provide one of the cheapest package that I have seen this far. However, rest assured that they do provide quality servers and great customer service as well.

9 thoughts on “Migrated To A US Server Hosted By ServerFreak

For me, US hosting prices are still the cheapest in the world. Plus it makes sense if your blog has a global audience since most countries have pretty fast links to the US.

However, if your audience is mostly local they might notice slowness. This is not a problem for me here in Australia. But for Malaysia, if your readers are on TMNet/Streamyx then everything would seem slow regardless of where the server is, wouldn’t it? ;)

2. Edrei says:

I’ve gone for servers in the states and I’ve never looked back. I prefer the customer service there and the speed of the support.

I don’t have to pay for mine and it’s hosted for free with a customized hosting as long as I’m part of 9rules or at least churning out good content all the same.

3. hanneng says:

Me too, has been hosting my sites in US few years already.

Sometimes, is not problem of the Malaysia webhosting companies, is TMnet Data Center giving them the problem.

With TM & Jaring recent downtime, couple of my Malaysian friend got hit too.

4. Pingback: Recovering From Stiff Neck | ChanKelwin.com

@mooiness
    LOL. That’s so true. Thanks to Streamyx. I think the data center where my blog is on is suffering from it as well.

Well, currently my hosting cost is only RM4 per month (or RM40 per year). That is around $1.20/month or $12/year. Hehe.

@Edrei
    Wow. Hey, at least you don’t need to pay for them. That’s really good especially when you don’t need to worry about the bandwidth and all. I’m sure the infrastructure in the states is a lot better than the ones we have here.

@KennyP
    Linux shared hosting (cPanel), CP100. RM4/month or RM40/year.

@hanneng
    Yes, exactly. I notice the Netmyne data center giving me some problem that’s why I’m looking for an alternative. It’s great to be hosting in the US for now. At least I get to experience how it feels — stability and speed.

6. Angie Tan says:

dude… congrats on the move. it is a wise one since our screamyx is screwing up our local network here.

anyway, it has been a long time since the upgrade happened but the line still sucks…

@Angie Tan
    That’s one of the main reasons why I chose to host it in a US server. I did feel some improvements in my connection this two days. Hopefully they are really upgrading their services. Maybe yours will be next? Hopefully.

8. Pingback: Test The Response Time Of Your Blog Or Website | TenthOfMarch.com