Online Advertising Killer! Make Money Reading Ads

Online Advertising Killer — another uprising Malaysian advertising website?

As advertised in the website, you can earn money from them with 3 simple steps:

1. Register an Account
  2. Read Advertisement
  3. Get Paid

Online Advertising Killer is a newly launched website. It started operation mid April 2007. Currently, it has slightly over 10,000 registered members. Not bad for a new company. The website is available in 3 major languages — English, Mandarin and Bahasa Malaysia.

Here’s a sampel of their advertisement. The advertisement will be accompanied by two (or more) questions. The answers can be found from the advertisement itself. This is to ensure that the members look through the advertisment.

Online Advertising Killer’s form of advertising is different compared to other advertising companies like Google Adsense and Nuffnang. With Nuffnang, the advertisement is displayed to a group of readers. Meanwhile with Online Advertising Killer, the advertisement is only displayed to the member. Therefore, the potential buyer for an advertisement at Online Advertising Killer is only the member him/herself.

I don’t think Online Advertising Killer will make it big (I may be wrong). The main reason is that people who joined this program are looking for money, not to spend money. For example, what’s the point (for the member) to earn RM1 for an advertisement but end up paying RM10 for a set meal advertised by KFC? That way, the more advertisements the member views, the more he/she loses.

If you’re thinking that the members will only view the advertisements but will not purchase the products or services advertised, then why should an advertiser even bother to advertise?

These are just my views. Mind to share yours?

16 thoughts on “Online Advertising Killer! Make Money Reading Ads

1. mott says:

Hey, reading the FAQ gave me a headache. The English very bad and long-winded. It looks like a survey type company?

Think I’ll pass…coz, I am really too lazy to read FAQ’s that are too long-winded.

2. mott says:

Sorry..another thing…quoted from their FAQ…

“Undoubtedly, at the end of the day, the money is back to you again! I believe the main reason why most of the human being is busy after money is due to the fact that they want to enjoy more that’s why they like to shop as to satisfy their covetousness.

Therefore our existence is just nice to fit in the gap between the consumers and marketers to boost Malaysia ‘s economy to another level. When our members have more cash to spend, it means the more buying power they are and the more market potential there are too.

Eventually this money will be pumped back into the market again.”

Sigh…why so long-winded? This means the Advertisers are ‘supposed’ to get back their money? APALA THIS??????!!!!!!!

3. lilian says:

But you know, I know what they said, “a sucker is born every second”. I do have people searching for ‘make money reading ads’ and yeap, this sounds like a good bait.

@mott
    Their members are not obliged to buy the advertiser’s products. However, the way their system works is that:
    1. Advertiser pays a member to view an advertisement.
    2. Advertisement can only be viewed by the same member (only 1 person).
    3. Advertiser expects member to purchase their product.

Unlike Nuffnang’s system which works:
    1. Advertiser pays a member to place an advertisement in their blog.
    2. Advertisement can be viewed by many other readers.
    3. Advertiser expects member and/or readers to purchase their product.

That’s why I say it might not work out. LOL. I never read their FAQ also. You more rajin than me.

@lilian
    There’s plenty other “earn money by reading ads” campaigns out there. I won’t say that they are scams but if I were an advertiser, I wouldn’t want to advertise with such companies. Probably ROI will be very low.

@Steve Yu
    Well, there are over 10,000 people who have joined but of course, I won’t want to add to it ;-)

@Bat
    I didn’t register because I don’t think the concept will work.

@HORNY ANG MOH
    Thanks.

@iCalvyn
    I think they haven’t secured an advertiser yet. I didn’t registered an account with them so I can’t say much from the inside.

6. | body detox diet says:

there are lots of make money online schemes these days. but blog monetization using Adsense, YPN, Adbrite and Kontera is still the most popular way to earn money online.

7. Pingback: google supremacy bonus | GOOGLE SUPREMACY

8. Evanino.com says:

This is a GREAT blog! I’m VERY impressed, I hope one day mine is as good!

I am trying to help people to get there on-line business going, and make them money.

Keep up the GREAT work!